Nitrate (NO3) exists as part of the nitrogen cycle. Your biological filter converts nitrite into nitrate.
This Nitrate test kit accurately measures the nitrate levels of your pond water.
Includes test tube and reagent for up to 30 tests
How to use?
- Ensure the test tube is clean.
- Take a 5 ml sample of water into the test tube.
- Turn the Nitrate-1 bottle upside down in plenty of light and shake vigorously until there is no sediment on the bottom.
- Add 6 drops of the Nitrate-1 and 6 drops of the Nitrate-2. Replace the test tube cap and shake thoroughly.
- Wait 10 minutes, and then compare the colour of the sample to the colour scale provided. Zero nitrate is represented by a colourless sample. Any hint of pink in the sample indicates the presence of nitrate in the aquarium.
This test kit reports concentration in terms of nitrogen (NO3-N) to be compatible with reported safe concentrations as they apply to fish and plants. If you are interested in knowing the ionic concentration of the measured parameter, multiply your result by 4.43 (NO3-N)